Welcome to Bad Feminist UK – the home for women who consider themselves feminists but may not fit the stereotype – or indeed, be ‘approved of’ by hardcore feminists. We’re all bad feminists in different ways. For example:
– One team member has created copious amounts of porn for men and women.
– One team member enjoys cooking and doesn’t mind tidying up after a man if he lifts all the heavy boxes.
– Several team members have been known to remove clothes for the titillation of an audience – and money.
– Several team members have also been known to sexually objectify women – who were objectifying right back -and a good time was had by all.
However, we all adhere to feminist principles too, such as:
– Men and women should get paid equal money for equal work.
– Rape and domestic violence should be dealt with more effectively by the courts.
– Misogyny shouldn’t be put up with (and neither should misandry).
– Gender stereotyping is unhelpful in the vast majority of cases.
We will be posting about art, science, news, literature, inspirational people, politics, religion, food (but never diets) and anything else we happen to find interesting. Should you wish to join us, drop us a line.